Norwich City had keeper Declan Rudd to thank after they progressed through to the final eight of the FA Youth Cup at the expense of Everton.
For the second successive round, the Canaries required extra-time and penalties, with keeper Rudd (pictured) saving three spot-kicks to help the Championship club score an impressive win at Premier League Everton, after their Fifth Round tie had ended in a 1 – 1 extra-time draw.
Ricky Martin’s squad will now face Cup holders Manchester City, at the City Of Manchester Stadium, in the Quarter Final.
Meanwhile Mitch McPike and Jack Rutter both fired in long-range efforts to see Birmingham City through following a 2 – 0 win over Cardiff City.
The Blues will now host either Ipswich Town or Watford in the next round.
The results in full:
FA Youth Cup Fifth Round
- Plymouth Argyle 0 – 3 Tottenham Hotspur
- Cardiff City 0 – 2 Birmingham City
- Liverpool 1 – 0 Chelsea
- Everton 1 â€“ 1 Norwich City (AET Norwich City win on penalties)
- Manchester City 4 – 2 Newcastle United
- Sunderland 0 – 4 Arsenal
- Nottingham Forest 0 – 1 Bolton Wanderers