Cookies enable us to identify you when you’re logged in, how you use our website and/or which device you are using. They are important to improve your experience on lfe.org.uk
Your consent applies to the following domains:
How can I control the cookie preferences?
You can manage your cookies preferences by changing the Cookie settings and enabling or disabling the cookie categories on the popup according to your preferences. These options are also available from the popup bar where you Manage consent.
You can change or withdraw your consent at any time from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.
- what cookies are,
- the types of cookies we use (i.e. the information we collect using cookies),
- how that information is used, and
- how to control your cookie preferences.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. They are stored on your device when the website is loaded in your browser. These pieces of information help us:
- make the website function properly,
- make the website more secure,
- enable us to provide a better user experience,
- and help us understand how the website performs so we can analyse what works and where it needs improvement.
As with most online services, our website uses first-party cookies and third-party cookies for a number of purposes. The first-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our websites are used mainly for understanding:
- how the website performs,
- how you interact with our website,
- keeping our services secure,
- providing advertisements that are relevant to you,
- and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience to help speed up your future interactions with our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
The cookies used on our website are grouped into the following categories.
- Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
- Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.
- Performance cookies are used to understand and analyse the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
- Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
- Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
- Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.
The below list details the cookies used in our website.
|_wp_first_time||2 months 23 days||This cookie is necessary for the correct functioning of the website and holds no personal data.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||1 year||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Advertisement".|
|AWSELB||session||This cookie is associated with Amazon Web Services and is used for managing sticky sessions across production servers.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||0||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||0||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||0||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||0||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||0||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|__utmc||session||The cookie is set by Google Analytics and is deleted when the user closes the browser. The cookie is not used by ga.js. The cookie is used to enable interoperability with urchin.js which is an older version of Google analytics and used in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine new sessions/visits.|
|__utmz||6 months||This cookie is set by Google analytics and is used to store the traffic source or campaign through which the visitor reached your site.|
|__utmt||10 minutes||The cookie is set by Google Analytics and is used to throttle request rate.|
|AWSELBCORS||session||This cookie is used for load balancing, inorder to optimize the service. It also stores the information regarding which server cluster is serving the visitor.|
|CONSENT||16 years 4 months 21 days 13 hours 1 minute||These cookies are set via embedded youtube-videos. They register anonymous statistical data on for example how many times the video is displayed and what settings are used for playback.No sensitive data is collected unless you log in to your google account, in that case your choices are linked with your account, for example if you click “like” on a video.|
|YSC||session||This cookies is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||5 months 27 days||This cookie is set by Youtube. Used to track the information of the embedded YouTube videos on a website.|
|NID||6 months||This cookie is used to a profile based on user's interest and display personalized ads to the users.|
|test_cookie||15 minutes||This cookie is set by doubleclick.net. The purpose of the cookie is to determine if the user's browser supports cookies.|
|IDE||1 year 24 days||Used by Google DoubleClick and stores information about how the user uses the website and any other advertisement before visiting the website. This is used to present users with ads that are relevant to them according to the user profile.|
|yt-remote-device-id||never||These cookies are set via embedded youtube-videos.|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||never||These cookies are set via embedded youtube-videos.|
|yt.innertube::requests||never||These cookies are set via embedded youtube-videos.|
|yt.innertube::nextId||never||These cookies are set via embedded youtube-videos.|
|fr||3 months||The cookie is set by Facebook to show relevant advertisments to the users and measure and improve the advertisements. The cookie also tracks the behavior of the user across the web on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.|
|platform||session||No description available.|