LFE recognises that its activities impact upon the environment through its routine operations and acknowledges a responsibility for, and a commitment to, protection of the environment at all levels. LFE also recognises the need to save energy and will meet or exceed all of the environmental legislation and will continue its efforts to:
- Build an environmentally friendly work culture through training & communication with all employees.
- Minimise waste and pollution.
- Reduce water consumption.
- Reduce energy consumption.
- Promote a purchasing policy which will give preference, as far as practicable, to those products and services which cause the least harm to the environment.
- Avoid wherever practical the use of environmentally damaging substances and materials.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our Apprentices, and delivery partners.
- Ensure that the curriculum for the ASE programme and Study Programme, delivered by colleges, has integrated elements making apprentices aware of the issues of sustainability and global citizenship.
- Actively encourage our apprentices to involve themselves in promoting sustainability at their football clubs.
As a company we are committed to constantly review and implement working procedures to:
- Reduce pollution.
- Save energy.
- Recycle products.
As a company we will ensure where possible:
- Bought-in paper is of a recycled content.
- We operate recycling of all paper waste.
- We operate recycling of all card, cans and plastic waste.
- Office cleaners use green cleaning products.
- All printers and computer settings are pre-set to black print as default.
- All screens are switched off at night.
- All lights are switched off at night.
- All ink cartridges are recycled.
- All company car users drive efficiently and effectively to conserve fuel, and where possible extend the use of video conferencing thus reducing carbon dioxide emissions.