On Thursday 26th April 2007 LFE’s exit and progression programme for apprentices continued at Reading Town Hall with apprentices from Brighton & Hove Albion, Colchester United and Oxford United in attendance.
Conducted in partnership with JOBScene, LFE’s main objective for these events is to prepare apprentices for secondary careers and equip them with skills to succeed in the future.
With this in mind a two hour structured programme was delivered to apprentices that included the following:
- Introduction to all of the elements of the exit and progression support programme (LFE’s Research Project Officer, Dan Jolley)
- Real life exit and progression experiences (Guy Bonwick, Ex-Ipswich Town, currently at Lougbrough University)
- PFA Education support (LFE’s Assistant Performance Manager, Steve Sutcliffe)
- CV and Interview technique workshop (Anne Darsley of Scout Enterprises)
The programme was completed with the apprentices interacting with speakers and exhibitors in JOBScene’s main exhibition hall (see pictures above and below) where apprentices completed job identification taks which ensured that they found out information about potential employers and the roles they had on offer.
The evidence from this task was collated on worksheets which the apprentices can use as evidence to add to their NVQ logbook. Seen here (left) is a Colchester United apprentice showing an interest in engineering.
LFE would like to thank JOBScene, the three Clubs and all the apprentices for supporting the event, as well as all those who contributed to the days programme.
Future Careers Events
The type of programme LFE delivers will be specific to the different event venues and LFE will be contacting Clubs with further details. Where LFE will not be running specific programmes apprentices are still advised to attend the most convenient event.
The list of event dates and venues is as follows:
- 20th September 2007, The Town Hall, Reading
- 4th October 2007, The Guildhall, Southampton
- 11th & 12th October 2007, The National Indoor Arena, Birmingham
- 8th & 9th November 2007, Cardiff International Arena
- 16th & 17th November 2007, Eldon Leisure Centre, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Full details can be found at the JOBscene website.