Ahead of the 2023 EFL Awards, the shortlists for the LFE Apprentice of the Season have been revealed.
Nine Apprentices are among those honoured at this year’s star-studded EFL Awards ceremony, which will take place on Sunday 23rd April at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London.
This award recognises the outstanding young professionals at EFL Clubs who have excelled both on and off the pitch during the 2022/23 season.
Sponsored by LFE, one apprentice will be chosen from each division:
EFL Championship Apprentice of the Season
- Ash Phillips – Blackburn Rovers
- Jamie Knight-Lebel – Bristol City
- Emre Tezgel – Stoke City
EFL League One Apprentice of the Season
- Fábio Jaló – Barnsley
- Zach Mitchell – Charlton Athletic
- Gatlin O’Donkor – Oxford United
EFL League Two Apprentice of the Season
- Matúš Holíček – Crewe Alexandra
- Emmanuel Ilesanmi – Harrogate Town
- Josh Tomlinson – Northampton Town
Elsewhere, seven former apprentices are also shortlisted for other awards.
The list of awards involving past apprentices are as follows:
EFL Championship Player of the Season:
- Josh Brownhill – Burnley
EFL League Two Player of the Season:
- Andy Cook – Bradford City
- Sam Hoskins – Northampton Town
- Carl Piergianni – Stevenage
EFL Championship Young Player of the Season:
- Alex Scott – Bristol City
EFL League One Young Player of the Season:
- Cameron Humphreys – Ipswich Town
EFL League Two Young Player of the Season:
- Junior Tchamadeu – Colchester United