This month sees LFE re-launch the ‘Apprentice of the Month’ award in association with PUMA and this year the prizes are truly outstanding. After his excellent support at Progression08 David Bentley is back to support the monthly award programme.
LFE and PUMA are keen to celebrate the success of Apprentices that have excelled educationally or in the workplace and have showed commitment to the ASE programme.
The awards will run from September ‘08 through to April ‘09 and each month LFE Regional Officers will be asked to nominate Apprentices that they feel best match some or all of the criteria.
The nominations will then be judged by LFE and the winner will be presented with the cup and the incredible prizes.
This year the coveted prizes for EACH monthly winner will include:
1. An end of season invite to attend a day with David Bentley and PUMA incorporating:
- Q & A session with the England and Tottenham star
- A PUMA product presentation
- A ‘Challenge David Bentley’ programme
- A Sports quiz hosted by David Bentley
2. A PUMA Lifestyle products package including clothing and trainers
The criteria for nominating an Apprentice of the Month is outlined below:
- Excelled at College work
- Excelled at football
- Overcame a hardship
- Showed bravery to raise an issue
- Showed maturity in a difficult situation
- Displayed a marked change in behaviour for the better
- Excelled in other areas that LFE/Club/College are looking to promote e.g.
- Logged on to the LFE website the most time in the region
- Showed excellent awareness of Health & Safety and Equality & Diversity
- Showed excellent drug awareness
- Showed excellent awareness of Employee Rights & Responsibilities
- Gave particularly thoughtful/helpful feedback on ASE programme
- Showed excellent initiative when attending careers fair
- Excellent team working attributes
The first Apprentice of the Month winner will be announced at the end of September so look out for the winners on the website.