Erasmus+ is the new EU programme for education, training, youth and sport. Erasmus+ aims to boost skills and employability by providing the opportunity to study, train, and gain work experience through out Europe.
UK organisations work with European partners to exchange best practice, increase staff expertise and develop learner’s skills. For more information on Erasmus+ please visit www.erasmusplus.org.uk.
Further information on placement abroad can be found on the European Charter for Quality website.
In order to enhance the ASE experience and increase the range of opportunities available for Apprentices, LFE hope to secured funding enabling us to offer two different opportunities: an on programme Pre-Season Tour and a post-programme player placement programme.
Both opportunities provide a chance for Apprentices to experience European training facilities and techniques. Being part of an environment where the values of conditioning, psychology, speed and technique are paramount will also provide immense value to all involved.
Those involved in the projects will also be given the chance to experience social and cultural practices within a European setting which is also key to widening the horizon of opportunity that is open to them.
The aim of the placement programme is to provide an opportunity for released Apprentices to be hosted by a football club in Spain or Sweden for a period of 12 weeks.
LFE ensures the below objective are met and delivered through partnerships with football clubs:
1. To achieve both quantitative and qualitative improvements in development as a footballer
2. To improve knowledge and understanding of Lifelong Learning principles
3. To improve knowledge and understanding of the European opportunities in football and other careers
4. To undertake a high quality social and cultural programme including the use of the host language to a basic level
5. To achieve a professional football contract at a European club and/or as an employee/trainee in Europe in an alternative career
The Erasmus+ funds we have secured will cover:
To receive more information, understand eligiblity criteria or to apply for the player placement programme, please email Elaine Brand (email@example.com) or Sarah Kayley (firstname.lastname@example.org)