England Manager Gareth Southgate has selected nine ex-LFE apprentices for his 26-man UEFA Euro 2020 squad.
Defenders Ben Chilwell (formerly of Leicester City), Harry Maguire (formerly of Sheffield United), Luke Shaw (formerly of Southampton), John Stones (formerly of Barnsley) and Ben White (Brighton & Hove Albion), midfielders Jude Bellingham (formerly of Birmingham City), Jordan Henderson (formerly of Sunderland) and Kalvin Phillips (Leeds United) and striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin (formerly of Sheffield United) have all been given the opportunity to represent the Three Lions.
Meanwhile, 2016 LFE League Two Apprentice of the Year Ben Godfrey (formerly of York City), Sheffield United academy graduate Aaron Ramsdale, Southampton’s James Ward-Prowse and former Exeter City apprentice Ollie Watkins are on the standby list, having been named in the initial 33-man line-up.
The players will hope to be involved in England’s group games against Croatia (13th June), Scotland (18th June) and Czech Republic (22nd June).
- Ben Chilwell | Leicester City – now Chelsea | 14 caps
- Harry Maguire | Sheffield United – now Manchester United | 32 caps
- Luke Shaw | Southampton – now Manchester United | 10 caps
- John Stones | Barnsley – now Manchester City | 42 caps
- Ben White | Brighton & Hove Albion | 2 caps
- Jude Bellingham | Birmingham City – now Borussia Dortmund | 4 caps
- Jordan Henderson | Sunderland – now Liverpool | 59 caps
- Kalvin Phillips | Leeds United | 8 caps
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin | Sheffield United – now Everton | 9 caps
- Ben Godfrey | York City – now Everton | 2 caps
- Aaron Ramsdale | Sheffield United | 0 caps
- James Ward-Prowse | Southampton | 8 caps
- Ollie Watkins | Exeter City – now Aston Villa | 3 caps
*Edit (15th June): Aaron Ramsdale was promoted to the main squad following an injury to Dean Henderson.