From 1st July 2006 LFE has introduced a Development Fund, which is a new financial opportunity open to all Football League clubs participating in the Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence (ASE) programme.
Clubs will have the chance to claim up to £3,000 from the Development Fund for improvements in delivering the ASE programme and additional support for the apprentices at the club.
There are certain criteria that must be met when making an application and this is detailed below:
- A maximum of £3,000 is available to each FL Club supporting ASE.
- Clubs should apply in writing providing a full breakdown of items and costs. This must be approved by LFE before proceeding.
- Claim forms to be submitted by 31st May 2007 and signed by Club Director / Company Secretary.
- Reimbursement will only be made against original invoices. Please note that VAT will not be paid by LFE.
- No element can be taken in cash.
- Minimum of 10 Apprentices to access £3,000.
- Minimum of 6 Apprentices to access £1,500.
- Club staff must attend LFE Standardisation meetings during the year.
- LFE Regional Staff will conduct a random audit on grant aid items.
Acceptable items include:
- Laptop computer
- Video Camera
- Specialised ASE support
- Materials & resources for delivery of ASE e.g. induction
- Fitness testing equipment
- Team building residential courses
(This list is given as an example please ask your Regional Officer if there are other items that you wish to include)
The basic question we will ask when making a judgement is;
“..does this improve and support the Apprentices at your Club in delivering the ASE programme?”
Clubs making an application will be expected to meet the minimum criteria for operating the ASE programme and there must be no outstanding issues between LFE and the Club. LFE has total discretion as to whether applications are approved.