Last night’s fixtures provided an astonishing 15 goals in 3 games as Clubs battled it out for a place in the FA Youth Cup quarter final.
League One Port Vale perhaps provided the shock of the round in defeating Premiership Tottenham Hotspur in front of over 2,000 fans at Vale Park to secure a sixth round clash with Chelsea.
Liverpool tasted Cup defeat for the first time in almost 3 years to a Martyn Waghorn inspired Sunderland. In an evenly fought contest Waghorn and substitute Ryan Noble scored the all important goals in extra time.
In the penultimate tie of the fifth round, Bristol City were knocked out of the competition by Manchester City in an enthralling game at Ashton Gate. Over 4,000 fans turned out for the clash but the home side were beaten thanks to a fine brace from City and England Youth international Daniel Sturridge.
Fifth Round Proper
- Sunderland 5 – 3 Liverpool
- Port Vale 1 – 0 Tottenham Hotspur
- Bristol City 2 – 4 Manchester City
- Chelsea 3 – 1 Leicester City
- Aston Villa 5 – 0 Ipswich Town
- Carlisle United 2 – 0 Southend United
- Plymouth Argyle 3 – 2 Birmingham City
Still to be played…
- Charlton Athletic v Swindon Town (Tues 19th Feb 7pm)
The Sixth Round gets underway tonight at Brunton Park with Carlisle United taking on Aston Villa (KO 7.00pm).