Nottingham Forest knocked Premier League outfit Middlesbrough out of the competition last week with a 2 – 1 victory in the fourth round.
Forest made a positive start when LFE Blogger Tim Hopkinson reacted quickest after Niall Rodney’s shot had been blocked by Boro’s defence.
An equaliser from Boro looked set to take the game to extra time but a spectacular late strike from Forest midfielder George Thomson booked their place in the fifth round.
Elsewhere Plymouth Argyle beat Millwall and will now face Tottenham in the next round while Championship sides Cardiff City and Birmingham City will go head to head.
Norwich City edged past Stoke City after extra time and penalties to earn a trip to Goodison Park in the next round and Tractor Boys Ipswich Town prevailed against Crystal Palace, winning 4 – 2 with a hat-trick from promising young schoolboy striker Connor Wickham.
The results in full:
FA Youth Cup Fourth Round Results
- Norwich City 4 – 2 Stoke City (AETP)
- Bolton Wanderers 4 – 0 Hull City
- Cardiff City 5 – 4 Tranmere Rovers (AETP)
- Preston North End 0 – 1 Sunderland AFC (AET)
- Bristol Rovers 4 – 2 Liverpool (AETP)
- Ipswich Town 4 – 2 Crystal Palace (AETP)
- Arsenal 3 – 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Chelsea 5 – 1 Walsall
- Queens Park Rangers 1 – 3 Newcastle United
- Southampton 0 – 1 Watford
- Plymouth Argyle 3 – 2 Millwall
- Burnley 1 – 3 Everton
- Middlesbrough 1 – 2 Nottingham Forest
- Charlton Athletic 0 – 3 Tottenham Hotspur
- Birmingham City 3 – 2 Crewe Alexandra
- Portsmouth 0 – 1 Manchester City
FA Youth Cup Fifth Round Draw
- Nottingham Forest v Bolton Wanderers
- Sunderland AFC v Arsenal
- Everton v Norwich City
- Manchester City v Newcastle United
- Liverpool v Chelsea
- Cardiff City v Birmingham City
- Ipswich Town v Watford
- Plymouth Argyle v Tottenham Hotspur