With more twist and turns than an episode of Top Gear the Transfer Window finally closed last night.
The will he, won’t he, Modric saga, Mikel Arteta’s switch from Goodison to The Emirates, Craig Bellamy’s helicopter dash to sign for Liverpool and the drama of Raul Meireles last gasp move to Stamford Bridge all undoubtedly keeping fans glued to their television’s ahead of last night’s 11pm deadline.
But somewhere lost amidst the mayhem a number of ASE graduates were also having busy nights. Sheffield Utd youngster Jordan Slew made the move from Bramall Lane to Ewood Park in a £1m plus deal while elsewhere Darlington youngster Michael Smith joined Charlton Athletic.
Loan deals saw Norwich midfielder Tom Adeyemi join Oldham Athletic while also in League One former Apprentice of the Year Mark Beevers left Sheffield Wednesday to join up with MK Dons.
Meanwhile Leicester City’s Shane Byrne withdrew from international duty with Republic of Ireland Under-19s to join up with the Bury on an initial one-month loan.
Others to move on loan included:
- Aiden Chippendale [Huddersfield – Inverness Caledonian Thistle] Loan
- David Davis [Wolves – Inverness Caledonian Thistle] Loan
- Jack Deaman [unattached – Birmingham]
- Jamie Devitt [Hull – Bradford] Loan
- Jamie Griffiths [Ipswich – Plymouth] Loan
- Martyn Waghorn [Leicester – Hull] Loan
- Tom Bender [Colchester – Accrington] Loan