LFE continues to build the recruitment list to share with partner clubs in Spain and Sweden. Both countries currently sit on the UK ‘amber’ travel list, so LFE is watching this carefully to determine if and when any placements can go ahead.
The Player Placement Programme provides a fantastic opportunity for apprentices to experience European training facilities and techniques with a club in Europe.
Erasmus+ is the EU programme for education, training, youth and sport. Erasmus+ aims to boost skills and employability by providing the opportunity to study, train, and gain work experience throughout Europe.
The three-month placement enables apprentices to be part of an environment where the values of conditioning, psychology, speed and technique are paramount and will provide immense value to all involved.
Those involved in the projects will also experience social and cultural practices within a European setting, which is also key to widening the horizon of opportunity that is open to them.
Outline of the Opportunity
The aim of the placement programme is to provide an opportunity for released apprentices to be hosted by a football club in Spain or Sweden for a period of three months.
LFE ensures the below objectives are met and delivered through partnerships with football clubs.
1. To improve learning performance and allow development as a footballer.
2. To embed lifelong learning principles and transferable skills.
3. To improve knowledge and understanding of the European opportunities in football and other careers.
4. To undertake a social and cultural programme including the use of the host language to a basic level.
5. To achieve a professional football contract at a European club and/or as an employee in Europe in another career.
The Erasmus+ funds we have secured will cover:
- football development
- personal development
- language support
- coaching opportunities
- subsistence allowance
- gym membership